- Open your browser and launch and open
your e-mail account. (These steps are for Hotmail, but most e-mail
providers are very similar in basic functionality and include extensive
help via their Help button.) Type hotmail.com in your browser's address box, browse to the log-in page for Hotmail,
and sign in.
- In Hotmail, click Hotmail from the menu.
- On the top right of that screen, click Show Cc & Bcc.
- Click Options;
under Customize your mail, click Save
sent messages; under Save sent messages, click
Save all sent
messages in the Sent items folder; click Save.
- Click Go to inbox on the left side; click New.
- In the To box, type my e-mail address.
- In the Cc (Copy box), type your e-mail
address to save a copy of this e-mail unless you have set Hotmail to save sent files
- In the Subject box, type your first and last
name, and Tutorial.
- For purposes of this tutorial only, attach the
Progress Folder you downloaded to the Desktop earlier: under the Subject
box, click Attachments.
- In the dialog box that opens, browse to the desired
file, and click Open to attach the file that you saved on the Desktop.
- Type a brief message to me in the message box.
- Click Send on the menu to send the e-mail and attachment.
You should see a prompt confirming that your message has been sent.
- Save all e-mails from me until you are sure your
grades are properly recorded and you have finished completely with an
- To reply to an e-mail from me, click Inbox in
the left pane; double-click the desired e-mail to open it; then click Reply
from the menu. Be sure that the original message is part
of the reply.